Follow Us


Account area
Call Us Toll-Free
Send us a message
Contact Us


You are here: Home / Starting Your Company / Share Amendment Filing Services by

Print this page

Starting your company
Share Amendment Filing Services by


Form a LLC

Form a Corporation

Registered Agent Service

Trademark Service

Corporate Kits & Seals

Dissolution Service

Certificate of Good Standing

Related Articles

Which State Should I Form My LLC or Corporation In?

Which entity type is best for business?

Tools for your business
Corporation Calculator
Business Type Comparison
What is a Share Amendment?

Corporations and LLCs that decide to change either the value or number of shares of its stock are required, by law, to update that information in their Articles of Incorporation or Certificate of Authority. You do this by filing what is called a “share amendment” and this must be filed in the state of incorporation. Keep in mind that when you change either your number of authorized shares or stock value it could change the amount of your state franchise tax. And, further, some states even require you to file a Share Amendment if you just want to change your corporation’s name (even if you are not making changes to the price or number of shares).

We can help with additional share certificates as well!

Sitemap | Privacy | Legal | Press Releases | Affiliate Program |


© 2006-2015® is a trademark of, Inc. All rights reserved., Inc. BBB Business ReviewMcAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams